General Electric Spectra Series Busway is a custom designed modular electrical power distribution system and is available in both feeder and plug-in styles. GE Spectra Busway replaces wire and conduit in most applications with reduced installed costs and improved reliability.
Need accurate, guaranteed measurements for a new busway installation? Read more about GE's new Busway Measurement Service.
Download Free Busway Tools
Quickly compare the cost of pipe and wire vs. busway.
Use this design and engineering tool with your 3-D AutoCAD® software.
Features and Benefits
- New Joint Guard Protection System dynamically indicates proper joint tension through color for easy installation and maintenance.
- Lighter Weight mean faster installation than with other busway and lower installed cost that cable and conduit.
- Field-adjustable isolation joint allows for ±½" per joint providing flexibility on the job-site.
- Plug-assist allows for faster, easier installation of plugs which provide power to downstream devices.
- Exclusive Bluecoat Epoxy Insulation provides the industry's longest insulation life of 50++ years.
- Earth-Bond Integral Housing Ground provides a lower resistance ground path than internal ground bars
- Aluminum Housing with Sandwich Design-GE was the first to break the weight barrier with an aluminum housing that is up to 50% lighter than other Busway
- DC Appplications
- Medium to large commercial & industrial applications
- Indoor, Drip-proof IP43, Splash-proof IP54, and Outdoor IP65, IP66 enclosures
- Not for hazardous locations
- Not designed to be imbedded in the ground or in concrete
- Aluminum or Copper
- Low Voltage (600V or less) Sandwich Busway
- 225-5000 amperes
- UL 857, NEMA BU-1, CSA
- Short Circuit Ratings up through 200kA for 3 cycles