The ASTAT XT soft starter delivers reliable performance and smooth acceleration for a range of standard AC motors, from 8A-1400A and from 230V-690V. By controlling motor acceleration and deceleration, it reduces mechanical wear and tear on motors better than across-the-line starting methods. This is particularly true in such applications as pumps, fans, compressors and conveyors.
A simple interface for fast set-up and operation
Its backlit LCD screen, which delivers full descriptions of parameters, makes the ASTAT XT easy to use. In two rows of 16 characters each, it displays the function selected and the value of the setting and/or monitor. Selecting and changing parameters is simply done with the arrow keys. Via any one of four selectable user languages (English, German, Italian, Spanish), it delivers:
• Data Readouts − e.g. Line Voltage, Motor Current, etc.
• Fault Diagnostics − e.g. Overload, Overvoltage, Undercurrent
• Statistical Data − e.g. Elapsed Run Time, Fault Recording, Trip Event, etc.
• Parameter Settings − e.g. Acceleration Time, Starting Voltage, Motor FLA
Features and Benefits
- Current ratings: 8A-1400A: 8, 17, 31, 44, 58, 72, 85, 105, 145, 170, 210, 310, 390, 460, 580, 820, 950*, 1100*, 1400* *=Non-UL
- Line Voltage:
- 3ph, 230-500V 50/60Hz. (Type QT1x, 1400V PIV ratings)
- 3ph, 460-600V 50/60Hz. (Type QT2x, 1600V PIV ratings)
- 3ph, 690V 50/60Hz. (Type QT3x, 1800V PIV ratings)
- Frequency Range: 45Hz-65Hz, auto-tracking frequency range
- Control Voltage: 230VAC, +10, -15%, 50/60Hz or 110VAC, +10, -15%, 50/60Hz
- Motor Protection: IEC Class 10 or 20 and NEMA Class 10, 20 and 30 overload
- Built-in Bypass Terminals: Extra power terminals are standard to allow easy installation of an external bypass contactor
- Pump Control: Avoids overpressure at the end of the acceleration phase and suppresses hammering at the stopping phase
- Communication Networks: Modbus RTU is built in, factory-installed DeviceNet or Profibus DP are optionally available
- LCD Display & Six-Button Keypad: Saves time by setting up the ASTAT XT using full parameter descriptions instead of codes
- In-Line or Inside-Delta Operation: Choose either traditional Line or Inside Delta operation, which allows the ASTAT XT to easily replace Y/D starters and allows the unit’s rating to be reduced by as much as 1.5 times
- Torque Control: Controlled torque ramps produce results close to linear speed without tachometer feedback
- Generator Supply: Helps minimize the negative effects caused by the generator voltage fluctuations during starting