Spec Setter* Emergency Power Transfer
GE's Type TC emergency power transfer switches are specifically designed to permit the connection of power from a standby generator or other emergency source of electricity and are ideally suited for outdoor applications in rural dwellings and farm buildings.
Emergency power transfer switches are non fusible and are available in 100-200 amps for 120/240V three-wire systems and in 200 amps for 240V four-wire systems and in NEMA Type 3R (outdoor) enclosures. The side operated handle can be locked in either the ON or OFF position.
Type TC emergency power transfer switches are UL Listed (UL98 Enclosed Switches) and are suitable for use as service entrance equipment when installed in accordance with the National Electrical Code.
Features and Benefits
- A wide range of interchangeable rain-tight conduit hubs are available.
- Code-gauge steel box is fitted with a drip-shield for protection against rain; resists corrosion, rust and chipping.
- Plated copper current-carrying parts prevent oxidation to assure low-resistance contact and cool operation.
- Mounting holes permit quick, easy installation.
- Bonding strap can be used to ground neutral for service entrance applications.
- Ample wiring space provided within compact enclosure.
- Positive make and break is provided by fiber loop straps between knife blade contacts and one-piece operating yoke.
- Provision for handle locking in ON or OFF position protects against accidental contact with live parts.
- Concentric knockouts are conveniently located, easy to remove.
- Galvanized steel enclosure, offers superior rust protection in outdoor applications. There's also a durable polyester powder-coat finish.