TLE Series UPS - 50 Hz, 160-400kW
Delivering Best-in-Class Efficiency
GE's TLE Series UPS is one of the most efficient and reliable three-phase UPS systems, providing best-in-class efficiency, output performance and critical power protection for your data center needs. The TLE Series UPS solutions are optimized to provide high efficiency at part load conditions.
The TLE Series UPS helps assure low input current harmonic distortion, best-in-class output voltage regulation and dynamic response. This helps customers save operational costs while implementing environmentally-friendly solutions.
Low Total Cost of Ownership
- High efficiency in double conversion mode up to 96.5% and eBoost mode operation up to 99%.
- High double conversion efficiency provides substantial life cycle cost saving in power and cooling cost of up to $ 2 MM for a 6 MW data center.
- Clean input performance keeps the supply network clean and provides advantages by reducing size of circuit breaker, cables and generator.
Easier Installation and Configuration Flexibility
- True front access for operation and maintenance reduces mean time to repair (MTTR)
- Built in back feed protection and maintenance switch minimize installation cost and increase safety
- Smaller size reduced installation and operational foot print
- Redundant Parallel Architecture (RPA) for reliability, redundancy and scalability up to 6 UPS
High Performance and Availability
- Enhanced output performance with unit power factor to protect and supply modern IT load
- Excellent dynamic performance and low output voltage distortion
- Improved diagnostic capabilities with waveform capture and capacitor monitoring
Energy Efficiency is Our Focus
GE's TLE Series UPS is one of the most energy efficient double-conversion UPS in the industry, and provides world-class energy efficiency across the operating load range. The TLE Series delivers efficiency up to 96.5% in double conversion mode and 99% in eBoost operating mode. This system efficiency substantially reduces operating and cooling costs thus providing a reduced cost of ownership and improved power usage effectiveness (PUE) compared to conventional UPS. GE's UPS performance is optimized at 50-75% load operation, as this is the most common operating range. The optimization of the TLE Series includes selecting all major power chain components based on maximizing the component efficiency at part load conditions.
High Efficiency TLE Series UPS Provides:
Energy consumption is a critical issue for IT organizations as their datacenter energy demands continue to grow. Their goal is to reduce cost and keep the datacenter running. IT organizations can reduce energy consumption costs without sacrificing system reliability with GE's eBoost technology
e = high efficiency up to 99%
Boost = fast transfer to inverter < 2ms
High Efficiency – Data Center Life Cycle Cost Savings
The TLE Series with 96.5 % efficiency in double conversion mode and 99% efficiency in eBoost operating mode provides considerable life cycle cost savings in comparison to a traditional transformer less UPS operating at 94% efficiency. Savings are dependent upon load, power cost and life cycle duration (years). For 6 MW load TLE series provides savings of $2 MM while operating in VFI mode.
Clean Input Performance
The TLE Series IGBT based rectifier and innovative control algorithm helps ensure an input Total Harmonic Distortion (THDi) of less than 3% and draws a pure sinusoidal waveform from the mains. This also provides UPS input power factor of 0.99.
- Saving in the sizing of upfront equipment e.g. emergency generators, cablings, and circuit breakers
- No disturbances to nearby equipment; eliminate perturbation and outage on upfront electrical equipment, avoiding also any investigation and analysis cost due to malfunction
Programmable Soft Start
The programmable soft start allows the rectifier to ramp up in a programmable time period (0-15 seconds) thus eliminating in-rush current. This feature reduces the need of oversizing the input power system (gensets, feeder cables, and overcurrent devices).
User-programmable features such as slew rate, phase angle rate-of-change and voltage rate-of-change allow the UPS to quickly sync to a genset during emergency back-up.
Total Harmonic Distortion (THD)
A distorted output voltage waveform affects the proper function of the load's equipment. The TLE Series has very low output voltage THD, even with connected 100% unbalanced or 100% non-linear loads.
Output Power Factor 1
- TLE Series with unity output power factor provides more output power. Output power factor diagram symmetrical with respect to zero. 100% kVA – no derating with any load.
- Suitable for modern power supply application with unit or capacitive power factor (e.g. new servers generation), crest factor up to 3:1.
Transient response is very fast due to control algorithms which ensure very high dynamic stiffness. This reduces the need to oversize the UPS for pulse load applications.
Redundant Parallel Architecture™ (RPA) System Configuration
GE provides RPA, a unique technology that can parallel UPS modules with true redundancy by eliminating any single point of failure. RPA provides a scalable paralleling technique that reduces operating footprint and increases system reliability by eliminating the need for external paralleling equipment and cabinets (centralized bypass and master control).
One of the UPS modules in the system intelligently takes the leadership role, while the other UPS modules have access to all control parameters. If one UPS fails to operate, the load is automatically redistributed among the others. If the lead UPS fails to operate, then another UPS automatically takes on the leadership role. GE's RPA technology is implemented by distributing the control electronics within each UPS module in the system.
RPA System Advantages
• No Single Points of Failure
• Bypass Inductor Design
• Scalable and Modular
• Redundant Communication
• Distributed Control Logic
• Online Maintenance
• Sequential Soft Start
• RPA Cable Saver
• Smaller Footprint