Low Voltage Capacitors CLMD
Low-voltage dry capacitors for low power factor and power quality problems
As a source of reactive power, ABB low-voltage capacitors provide significant improvement of power quality and reduction in energy costs by:
● Reducing or eliminating expensive utility penalties for low power factor
● Reducing power losses in cables and transformers
● Increasing power transmission capacity in cables
● Increasing available transformer capacity
● Improving voltage stabilization in long cables
The CLMD capacitor family includes the following capacitor types: CLMD13, CLMD33S, CLMD43, CLMD53, CLMD63, CLMD83, CLMD03 and the CLMD03 power module (PMOD03).
The PMOD03 is an all-in-one compact and pre-wired power module (including capacitor, contactor, fuses and discharge resistor), especially developed to allow easy capacitor bank manufacturing with a significant cost minimization.
Low-voltage capacitor units CLMD are used in industrial and commercial installations.
The low-voltage dry capacitors CLMD offer customers best-in-class reliability, flexibility and peace of mind, thanks to:
- Dry type design
- Unique sequential protection system
- ABB in-house metallized film giving excellent dielectric properties
- Heavy-duty enclosure
- Long life
- High reliability
- Comprehensive range
- Light weight, easy to install
- Complies with international standards, CE marked
- Environment friendly
- Very low losses