Spec Setter* Heavy Duty
GE's Type TH heavy duty safety switches are designed for commercial and industrial applications where safety, high performance and continuity of service are essential.
Heavy duty switches are available in 30-1200 amps, 600 Vac, 600 Vdc maximum, fusible and non-fusible units, and in NEMA Type 1 (indoor), Type 3R (outdoor), Type 4/4X (water and dust-tight, corrosion resistant), and Type 5/12 (drip and dust-tight) enclosures. When used with Class R or J fuses, 30-600 amp switches have a UL Listed short-circuit rating of 200,000 rms symmetrical amps. Switches rated 800-1200 amps use Class L fuses and have a UL Listed short circuit rating of 100,000 rms symmetrical amps. GE's heavy duty safety switches are UL Listed as service entrance equipment when installed in accordance with the National Electrical Code.
All GE heavy duty safety switches are UL Listed and CSA certified (UL98 Enclosed Switches/CSA-C22.2 No. 4-04), meet Federal Specification WS-865C for heavy duty switches and meet NEMA Enclosed Safety Switch Standard KS1-2001.
Clear Line Shield
Installed on all Heavy Duty switches 30A-200A 600V in all enclosure types
Clear line shield allows visual verification of blade position while guarding against accidental contact with live parts
Factory Installed Neutral
30A -200A 600V Heavy Duty Indoor/Outdoor switches
Convenient for counter people
Makes field installation process easier
Features and Benefits
- Best suited for commercial and industrial applications.
- Highly visible ON/OFF label takes the guesswork out of safety and gives a clean, modern appearance.
- Bright red "donut" handle, molded from rugged SE1 Noryl thermoplastic, is easy to see, easy to grip and ideal for hook stick operation. It accepts three padlocks in OFF position.
- Coin-proof, defeatable dual interlocks meet all safety inspection requirements.
- Wide, unobstructed gutter and removable interior make wire pulling and lug connections quick and easy.
- Three-point mounting pattern speeds installation and simplifies ganging in close quarters.
- Clear line shield allows visual verification of blade position while guarding against accidental contact with live parts.
- Accessories, such as auxiliary switch kits, are UL Listed for quick and easy field installation (or they may be factory installed).
- Plated blades provide visible confirmation of contact position.
- Direct-drive, quick-make, quick-break mechanism "snaps" the contacts open and closed, providing positive ON/OFF indication while prolonging switch life.
- Spring-reinforced fuse clips assure reliable contact for cool operation. Suitable for Class H, K, J or R fuses.
- Cu-Al lugs are 60/75 degree C rated to permit greater wire selection.
- Galvanized steel enclosure offers superior rust protection in outdoor applications. There's also a durable polyester powder-coat finish